The Negative Creep
My personal blog

Dream Theatre

Hi folks, it’s been ages since I last logged in and blogged out. Well, I haven’t been blogging because I have a serious lack in life, since I passed out from college. I really don’t have any think to look forward to, except… mmm… yeah, except gadgets!!! I figured out a really cool way to spend the money I earn, on gadgets!!! Yup, anything that’s cool, useful, like James Bond, I must have it.

So, I embarked upon this mission of turning my living room to a Home Theatre room. From November, 2009, it began when I bought a Plasma TV that’s 50” in size. Since then, I calculated I went on to spend around 1.4 lakhs on this new obsession of mine. I sit and research the hell out of the internet for any product I would be interested in. I found some great help from HIFIVISION.com. And so, here it is…

LG PQ60

The 50” Plasma TV is as big as it gets. It’s a real VFM “big” TV, and the picture quality is safely better than any LCD or LED in the market. The energy consumption is also huge, but this big boy really comes into life when High Definition content is played on it. Cost me 57Ks in November, 2009.



Playstation 2 (Modded)

I bought a PS2, instead of a PS3, for 3 reasons:

I’m not a big gamer

The PS3 games are on Blu-Ray, and are very expensive.

The price ofcourse. Cost me 5600 bucks.


TATA Sky HD

I bought this as soon as it was released, just in time for the FIFA WC 2010. The HD channels are totally awesome, namely NAT Geo and Discovery. Also watched the Champions League T20, and the India Australia series. This little box makes my TV come alive. Cost me Rs. 2600.


WD TV Live

I was sick and tired of hooking my laptop and play HD content on the TV. Plus, the playback would be choppy most times. A total bummer. In comes WD TV Live. Now I connect my 1 TB Seagate external Hard Disk, and voila, any Video, Music or Picture file you throw at it, it plays. The quality is amazing, and it even sends a 5.1 sound output to my receiver.

On top of all this, its network ready through LAN, and even plays YouTube and Internet Radio.

This little dynamite kid comes for Rs. 7700.


Onkyo TX-SR508 Audio Video Reciever

This is a brand new AVR from Onkyo that supports 7.1 channels. It decodes all the latest sound formats, and converts sound into Music! This is the heart and soul of my setup, and can be connected to upto 9 speakers and a Sub-woofer. It has Prologic II technology, that converts 2.0 to 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1.




Onkyo SKS-HT728 5.1 Speaker Package

These speakers add all the boost to my setup, when connected to the AVR. Any movie or music comes alive on these babies…

The whole Onkyo Setup cost me Rs. 42,500.

Sub-Woofer











The Rear and the Tower Speakers

















The Centre Speaker
Logitech Harmony 525 Universal Remote

With so many gadgets comes so many remotes. Enter Logitech 525, and now there is only one remote to control everything!







And finally, the whole furniture/ setup is custom made, designed initially on Photoshop (surprise surprise!). Hope you like my setup, and do come along and experience it… You are all invited!!!

And the Final Picture!!!

 

5 comments so far.

  1. atri November 11, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    Oh boy Oh.. I am surely coming as soon as this semester and the n number of MBA entrances are over.
  2. Deepanwita November 12, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    Firstly....actually longgggg time u blogged...welcum bak....:)...secondly the setup looks fab...and the posters just add that extra touch....good buy all of them...Cheers !!!
  3. superash February 13, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    Hi,

    I have the same receiver speaker combo and a 52' TV :) I was wondering if you can give me the dimensions of the wood work that you have done. Looks frikkin awesome and I was considering doing something similar.

    Please share the dimensions of the plywood(I guess) that is holding up the TV and the bottom cabinet. Thanks.
  4. Kunal May 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    hi buddy . ... u r my inspiration ... u have created many a master pieces n truly saying i m big fan of urs .. .. its awesome and full of innovative ideas ... i m learning so many things from u buddy ... anyhow ritnow i m also trying to maintain one blog site of mine www.rana-kunal.blogspot.com if possible please check it out ..
  5. Kunal May 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Something to say?